More than ever, managers and clinicians must work together to develop a deeper understanding of what is really driving the cost of service delivery and patient outcomes.
Prodacapo Costing is developed to deliver this critical management information. It is based on a time driven and activity-based costing model and enables you to identify costing that is rooted in the organization.
The activity-based data can provide the insight to understand "why" the costs vary for patients with the same diagnosis or procedure. Once you have this information, you can proactively identify opportunities for cost reductions by reducing the NVA (non-value added) activities and identifying variability in care delivered, allowing the organisation to provide the same level of service at a lower cost.
How Prodacapo Costing works
- Developed from an activity-based costing model that can be used to identify comparable costs per patient, treatment, diagnosis and DRG over the entire care cycle.
- The costing describes, in a transparent way, how your organization functions, how various resources – such as staff, premises and other permanent assets – are utilised in providing healthcare services and how the healthcare services are driven by treatment events and patient encounters.
- The resulting data provides a clear basis for planning and understanding case mix, staffing and processes so that the quality of the whole care cycle can be improved.
Reasons why you should consider Prodacapo Costing
- More than a tool for patient level costing. It is also a great tool for performance management to manage and improve the operation.
- Gives an invaluable connection between finance and front-line delivery of care, which is usually difficult to achieve.
- Enables a better understanding of how working methods influence the end result.
- Provides a basis for reliable information on effective resource allocation, creating an improved basis for decision and a greater understanding of how and why costs are incurred.
- Incredibly flexible approach to costing, enabling all mandatory outputs to be easily created automatically.
- Includes templates, reports, matching routines, integrations to patient administrative systems and other existing systems.
In addition to Prodacapo Costing we are happy to support and maintain existing Ecomed KPP and Ecomed ICS customers actively with their current solutions to provide value and keep the systems in production, and we also provide easy migrations from those legacy products to Prodacapo Costing.
For more information or to book a demo, please contact your local Prodacapo office
New Release: Prodacapo 2018
The Future Is Part of Our Solution
Find Prodacapo Group in Finland, Sweden, Norway and United Kingdom